Utilizing promoted posts with the promote button makes it easier for pages to increase the reach of their posts without going through the ad dashboard. Promoted posts ar eonly available to Pages with 400 to 100,000 Likes, so this really is an option for small to medium sized businesses.
This reported success is a testament to how important this tool is in optimizing the reach of page posts at a relatively affordable price. In this case study, Meredith Manor, an equestrian career college, used the promote button for certain page posts as well as marketplace ads targeted to horse fans.
Meredith Manor – an Equestrian Career College (West Virginia)
- Meredith Manor wanted to increase awareness of its school among prospective students interested in having a career with horses.
- To reach this goal, the company promoted a photo post of an advanced student taking her horse over a challenging jump through promoting a post, as it best highlights student success.
- They also created Marketplace Ads and targeted Likes and Interests pertaining to horse fanatics, such as “equestrian,” “horse,” and “horseback riding”.
- 4X more people reached through promoted posts versus non-promoted posts
- 3.5X more users engaged with promoted posts versus non-promoted posts
- 30% of prospective students sign up at Meredith Manor due to Facebook Ads